Dynamic Fitness will re-open club operations in three diﬀerent phases in the recovery of the COVID-19 global pandemic. This plan is a brief overview of the various phases that comprise our conservative approach to reopening our clubs across the city of Houston. As always, our number one priority is to ensure we provide the Ultimate Member experience. We are taking every precaution we can in order to provide a safe and healthy club experience for our members and team members.
MEMBER AND TEAM MEMBER REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PHASES
Team Members must abide by Dynamic Fitness Guidelines as stated below regarding all safety and health precautions before, during, and after their scheduled shift(s). Members must adhere to CDC/State/Local Government Guidelines as well as Dynamic Fitness Policies.
REDUCED HOURS OF OPERATIONS
- Mon-Fri | 4:45am- 9pm
- Sat-Sun | 7 am-4 pm
- Reducing hours allows our Team Members to approach cleanliness more eﬀectively while managing traﬃc ﬂow and occupancy.
- Member capacity will meet state guidelines for distancing purposes, we are following occupancy at one (1) individual per 100 square feet; a 90-minute maximum work-out time is requested of our members
- Team Member capacity will be managed to ensure maximum attention is given to cleaning protocols
- Guest passes are limited and can be acquired by appointment only
CHECK-IN PROCESS | REGISTER (POS SYSTEM)
- Members will use a touch-less scan in the process to scan their barcode on the scanner which will be placed on the Please be sure to use The Dynamic Fitness app. Key Tags are available from our Front Desk. We will no longer use a phone number to check-in members.
- Cash will not be accepted for cooler or supplement purchases. A credit card can be used or if it is stored on ﬁle. We can update your preferred payment
- Team Members in our clubs will be re-focused with increased duties and dedication to cleanings daily throughout all areas of the gym, including high touch areas, door handles, and water fountains,
- Members will be required to wipe down equipment and surfaces after each use. (Code of Conduct)
- Daily cleaning protocols updated with checklists for medical-grade cleaning materials, additional wipe stations for wipes and increased hand sanitation stands accessible throughout the
MEMBER & TEAM MEMBER GUIDELINES
CODE OF CONDUCT
- All Members will be required to abide by the new The Dynamic Fitness cleaning standards as well as safe physical distancing practices of at least 6’ apart while using the gym in addition to CDC Guidelines regarding personal health and
- Team Members will be required to wear masks and gloves while cleaning or interacting with our members, in addition to physical distancing practices of at least 6’ apart. CDC Guidelines regarding personal health and hygiene are
- If a Member or Team Member is even slightly concerned about their health, feel they’ve been around someone or been exposed to COVID 19, we politely ask you to stay home and do NOT enter the gym. Please seek proper assistance through local testing facilities, your primary care provider and/or the hospital – as advised through CDC Guidance and local governing
PROTECTIVE GEAR | MASKS & GLOVES
- Dynamic Fitness Members will be strongly encouraged to wear PPE per established guidelines set by Texas State legislature https://gov.texas.gov/organization/opentexas
- All Team Members will be required to wear masks & gloves; gloves should be changed as often as possible
CARDIO & STRENGTH MACHINES | LOCKER ROOMS
- Cardio machines that are in operations will be “tagged out” to help encourage and monitor physical distancing requirements. Strength machines have been placed to ensure 6’ spacing.
- Cardio equipment will have a daily rotation of
- As needed, selectorized equipment may be “tagged out” and then rotated throughout the day.
- Personal 1:1 Training and D-Fit Classes will
- 1:1 PT will follow physical distancing
- D-Fit Training will resume. Classes will be held outside and follow physical distancing requirements. The capacity limit will be no more than 10 participants.
- Locker Rooms will remain open only for restrooms and sinks. All lockers and showers will be closed during Phase
- Pools/Saunas/Steam Rooms – where applicable, will remain closed during Phase
KIDs ZONE | GROUP FITNESS & CYCLE CLASSES
- These amenities will remain closed during Phase 1 and re-evaluated for opening in Phase 2 or 3
- Group Fitness classes are being oﬀered virtually for the interim and during Phase 1, with possible
All aspects from Phase 1 will remain in eﬀect regarding sanitation and physical distancing guidelines to ensure the safety of our Members and Team Members as we follow strict CDC & State Guidelines. Phase 2 will tentatively begin 2-4 weeks from when Phase 1 begins
HOURS OF OPERATIONS (SAME AS PHASE 1)
- M-F | 4:45am-9pm
- Sat-Sun | 7am-4pm
CAPACITY (SAME AS PHASE 1)
- Group Fitness and Cycle Classes possible to begin at reduced capacity; members must use applicable ﬂoor and space markers
TOUCH-LESS ENTRY, CHECK-IN PROCESS, & POS REGISTER (SAME AS PHASE 1)
- Increased sanitation tools, such as Nanoseptic, are being addressed and considered for high-touch
CLEANING (SAME AS PHASE 1)
- During Phase 2 and the re-opening of these amenities, Group Fit & Studio classes will operate at reduced capacity. Floor markers may be measured and secured to the ground to ensure proper distancing. State and Local Government guidelines may call for varying degrees of separation requirements, all Dynamic Fitness gyms will meet the minimum requirements of the State of Speciﬁc amenities may abide by the following sequence:
- Kids Zone: Possible opening due to CDC/State Guidelines as well as availability to supplies and vendors
- Group Fitness &/or Cycle Classes: Possible to reopen with physical distancing and capacity guidelines
- Locker Rooms: Will be open for Members’ use
- Pools/Saunas/Steam Rooms: Will be re-evaluated for opening in Phase 2 with an abundance of caution
- The re-opening of the above amenities, Group Fit & Studio classes are subject to change
All aspects from Phase 1 and 2 will remain in eﬀect regarding sanitation and physical distancing guidelines to ensure the safety of our Members and Team Members as we follow strict CDC & State Guidelines. Phase 3 will tentatively occur 60-120 days after Phase 2 begins. Dynamic Fitness will adjust as practical to restore to full club operations with enhanced and updated cleaning protocols & guidelines for physical distancing to assist with the safety of our Members and Team Members.
We are a locally owned, Houston born and bred small business in every sense. Dynamic Fitness made every attempt to communicate with our members regarding their continued support during the closure, oﬀering increased amenities and multiple club access for 120 days after we reopen as our “Thank You”.
- If you paid your dues and fees March 21st through April 21st, “Thank You”. Those members will receive access to the Dynamic Fit Level Membership. This includes access to Hydromassage, Tanning, VIP Guest Privileges, and unlimited D-Fit Training Classes at no additional cost for 120 days from our re-open
- All Premium and above memberships will have no less than 30 days of reduced billing to accommodate for the lack of access to some of our amenities.
- Basic remains $10
- Premium/Gold/Dynamic Fit memberships will be $20
- All Paid in Full Memberships will have the expiration dates extended by the total number of days closed due to State and Local Government
- “A La Carte” Services such as add-on for Kids Zone and VIP Locker services will remain
- Personal Training will resume billing beginning May 18th, 2020 and on your scheduled PT Dues date moving forward.
- Dynamic Fitness has and will provide up to 3 months of freeze at no cost to you – any freeze requests beyond 3 months will be at the normal rate of $5/mo for
- Enhancement fees not billed from April 22nd through May 17th will be billed on May 31st, 2020
If there’s one thing everyone can agree on, it’s that no one likes being sick.
What if there was something you could do to improve your health and reduce your sick days?
As it turns out, having a healthy body composition contributes to a stronger immune system, helping you to resist minor infections and reduce your risk of getting serious diseases, like heart disease and diabetes.
What’s healthy body composition? Put simply, there are two main areas of focus: sufficiently developed muscle mass and a body fat percentage in a healthy range (10-20% for men; 18-28% for women).
Unfortunately, over ⅔ of Americans are classified as overweight, with a shocking 1/3 of Americans classified as obese. Americans are on average heavier than any other time in history. There has been a similar increase in heart disease and diabetes diagnoses. That is why the CDC says obesity is an epidemic in this country.
How does this tie back into the immune system and your health? It all has to do with the nature of body fat.
What Happens When Your Immune System Activates
When your body gets sick – due to a bacterial infection, a virus, etc. – the body’s defense system gets triggered, causing inflammation. This is thanks to your “innate” immune response: your body’s all-purpose defense mechanism that serves as the first wave of defense against foreign invaders.
The infected area becomes red and swollen due to increased blood flow, which can be unsightly and uncomfortable. Think of what happens to your nose when you get a cold. That’s inflammation.
This reaction is caused by white blood cells called macrophages and the proteins they emit called cytokines (this word will be important in a minute). These cytokines encourage inflammation.
You may have not thought of it this way before, but inflammation that’s triggered by your immune system is typically a good thing. That means your body is releasing the appropriate hormones and proteins, activating your white blood cells to start the recovery process, and working to defeat the infection. If there wasn’t any inflammation, your body would be in serious trouble.
So if inflammation is what naturally occurs when your body’s immune system is triggered, how does inflammation relate to body fat, body composition, and obesity?
When Inflammation Becomes Permanent
When white blood cells cause inflammation, it’s a sign that your body’s immune system is properly functioning. Inflammation begins, white blood cells attack the foreign invader, the invader is neutralized, and the inflammation subsides.
This is how your body’s defense system naturally works. However, white blood cells aren’t the only type of cell that have the ability to emit cytokines. A second type of cell that can emit cytokines and cause inflammation are adipocytes or fat cells.
Most people know that your body stores excess calories as fat so that you can use it later for energy if food becomes scarce.
Just recently, scientists have learned that fat is an active endocrine organ, one that can secrete a whole host of proteins and chemicals, including inflammatory cytokines.
What happens when your body keeps adding on more and more adipose tissue? Cytokines are released by your fat cells, triggering inflammation. In fact, obesity is characterized by researchers as “ a state of low-grade, chronic inflammation.”
This means that increased fat cells puts your body in a constant state of stress/immune response. Your body is always in a state of inflammation; your immune system is permanently “switched on.”
Think of your body’s immune system like your body’s crack team of defenders, highly trained and designed to repel any and all foreign invaders. In this scenario, your adipose cells are like enemy agents planted in your home territory. Their mission is to spread fear of an attack at all times, and they trick your defenders to be on high alert at all times.
As you might have guessed, perpetual, never-ending inflammation isn’t good for the body.
Sabotaged Immune System
Obesity causes a state of chronic inflammation, and this causes your immune system to become compromised. Chronic inflammation is a serious issue and can lead to the development of minor and serious illness and conditions. Here are a couple examples:
Influenza (the flu)
You may remember several years ago that there was a particularly deadly strain of the flu virus called H1N1. As hospitals started to fill up with the sick, doctors in Spain noticed something: overweight and obese patients were beginning to show up in disproportionate numbers in intensive care units, and they were staying for longer than people who were not obese or overweight. Increased inflammation due to increased pro-inflammatory cytokines appeared to be a leading factor contributing to their increased flu risk.
Stories like these led researchers in Canada to analyze the flu records for the previous 12 years, stretching from 2008 back to 1996. They found that people who were obese were more likely to come into the hospital for respiratory diseases than those who were not obese. They concluded that obese people were an “at risk” population during flu seasons due to their compromised immune response.
Heart disease is the leading killer of adults in the United States. Although there are many factors that can contribute to heart disease, recent research has pointed to inflammation caused by obesity as one of the most significant factors contributing to its development.
The main culprits are, again, the cytokines produced by excess fat in the body. These cytokines cause inflammation of the walls of your arteries, causing damage to the arteries and increasing pressure. Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing against the walls of your blood vessels. When you have high blood pressure, it means that your heart isn’t pumping blood effectively, and it starts to enlarge. An enlarged heart is a significant risk factor that can lead to heart failure if steps aren’t taken to remedy it.
Diabetes is a condition characterized by insulin resistance – the inability of your body to remove excess sugar from your blood. Just like heart disease, there are many related factors that lead to the onset of type 2 diabetes, and obesity has long been associated with the development of diabetes.
However, with the discovery that fat is an active tissue that can secrete cytokines and wreak havoc on the immune system, researchers have been able to show a link between obesity, inflammation, and insulin resistance. Increased inflammation was shown to disturb a whole host of processes and the endocrine system. When obesity and the subsequent inflammation is left unchecked for a long time, it increases the risk of developing insulin resistance, and eventually diabetes.
Who’s At Risk?
A compromised immune system and inflammation aren’t issues that only concern overweight people.
Many people know that being overweight and obese is unhealthy and can lead to serious diseases over time. Admittedly, poor diet and low levels of activity contributing to heart disease and diabetes over time in obese people isn’t exactly news.
Unless you start to take into account what the word “obese” actually means.
Classically, obesity has been defined by having a high Body Mass Index (BMI), a way of expressing the relationship of your weight vs. your height. If your BMI exceeds 25, you’re labeled “overweight,” and once your BMI increases beyond 30, you progress into different levels of obesity.
Doctors have used BMI for obesity assessment for years, but unfortunately, BMI has led to confusion by inappropriately labeling people as obese or overweight when they are not, or healthy when they should be aware of their obesity risks.
Obesity doesn’t always simply mean “fat.” What obesity does mean is the excess accumulation of body fat, but what’s excess for you might not be for someone else. It is possible to have a “normal” BMI but a lot of excess fat; this is called being “skinny fat.” Crucially, skinny fat people share many of the same metabolic risks as people who have high BMIs, including the risk of inflammation and a faulty immune system.
This is why you should look at having too much body fat not only as a problem for people who are visibly overweight, but also for people who don’t have enough muscle relative to how much body fat they have.
One way to determine whether you’re at risk is to have your body composition analyzed. This assessment method will reveal your body fat percentage, a number that you can use to understand if the amount of fat you have is healthy or excessive for someone of your size.
How To Get Your Immune System Back In Line
Fortunately, because researchers have been able to identify body fat (and particularly, internal visceral fat) as a major cause of inflammation and a compromised immune system, they’ve also been able to measure improvements when body fat is reduced. The goal to getting your immune system to function properly again is to stop it from being perpetually triggered.
In a study that followed obese patients who lost weight with caloric restriction and bariatric surgery, the researchers observed a significant reduction in immune system activation, which means less inflammation. This reduction in immune activation occurred before and after surgery, which indicates that surgery isn’t always necessary: just the reduction of fat mass – and specifically, visceral fat.
Improving your body composition through a mix of strategies that promote fat loss and muscle gain can allow you to reduce your fat mass in a healthy manner that doesn’t require drastic measures like bariatric surgery. Although this process can and will take time, the effects of having an improved and healthy body composition are immense, not the least of which is reducing overall body inflammation and having your immune system function properly again.
Healthy Immune System, Healthy Life
We’ve gone over a lot of very technical stuff here, so let’s go over the main points for you to take away.
- Excess Body fat sabotages your immune system by leaving it permanently triggered
- Inflammation caused by body fat makes you sicker and more vulnerable to disease
- You can reduce and reverse these changes by reducing your body fat
- Anyone can be at risk, depending on their body fat percentage, not their weight
No one likes being sick, and no one likes having to manage diseases like diabetes that stick around for a lifetime. To help you avoid these problems, one of the best ways to determine if your body fat is excessive and/or causing inflammation is to have your body fat percentage determined.
Once you have your body fat percentage, you can compare it against the normal ranges for men and women. For men, you’ll want to be no higher than about 20% body fat; for women, try to stay under about 28%. These ranges may vary slightly depending on whichever source you consult, but these are good guidelines and agree with the ranges set by the American College of Sports Medicine and American Council on Exercise.
If you reduce your fat mass to a healthy range, you will subsequently reduce inflammation and boost your immune system. Having a killer “beach bod” may not motivate you, but what about a healthy body and fewer sick days?
Everyone should see the value in that.Read More
One of the key reasons that muscles lose their natural suppleness and flexibility and can become prone to tears, aches, and pains is being inactive. If the situation is not remedied in time, loss of flexibility could lead to permanent changes in posture and normal muscle function. It is therefore imperative to maintain muscle flexibility as an important component of overall fitness.
So, what exactly is flexibility?
Flexibility can be termed as the ability of your joints and body parts to execute their full range of motion. Flexibility is required in all your day-to-day activities such as bending, walking, lifting, etc. Being flexible allows your muscles to remain moble. But, like most things, flexibility decreases with age and it is very important to include flexibility exercises in your daily workout regimen.
The Benefits of Flexibility
There are a number of ways to test your flexibility. One of the most common ways, according to fitness experts, is to check if you can touch your toes while standing up with both legs straight. (You could check out various fitness sites available online for a more exact test.) If you find that you feel stiff, lacking in flexibility, suffering from bad posture or would like to increase your flexibility to improve your normal exercise routine, flexibility training is a must. Aerobic exercises and weight training include rapid and jerky movements, which can lead to joint and muscle fatigue. On the other hand, stretching exercises, yoga, and Pilates consist of gradual movements that can help to achieve greater flexibility.
Being flexible helps to reduce soreness of muscles and improve posture. Stretching for slow gradual movements and holding each position for up to 30 seconds (without pain) helps reduce muscle soreness after exercise. Stretching also improves muscular balance and posture by realigning tissue and thereby reducing the effort it takes to maintain good posture throughout the day.Helps decrease risk of injury and improve physical performance. Flexible joints require less energy to move through a greater range of motion. This decreases your overall risk of injury and increases physical performance as well. Stretching works towards decreasing resistance in muscle tissue during any activity. Helps increase blood and nutrients to tissues. By stretching, you increase the temperature of your tissues and this increases transportation of nutrients and overall circulation. This in turn increases the range of motion and reduces degeneration of your joints. Helps reduce lower back pain. Stretching helps relax muscles. The more flexible your pelvic muscles, hamstrings, hip flexors, and quadriceps, the less stress to your lower back. Helps to enhance enjoyment of other exercise. In addition to decreasing soreness and fatigue of your muscles, stretching also helps relax both mind and body during any activity or exercise.
Ways to Improve Your Flexibility
So, what are some different ways to stay flexible? The best way to maintain flexibility is to stretch regularly. Whatever your age, you must incorporate stretching at least once a day. Even if it is not part of an exercise regimen, there are several simple stretching exercises that you can do at your desk or even in front of the TV. If time is short, focus on stretches that work the larger muscle groups such as shoulders, hamstrings, hips and lower back, and calf muscles. It is these areas that are prone to stiffness and soreness as we grow older. But remember to always be careful to not overdo it.
Flexibility exercises should also be incorporated into your normal exercise program, which may involve resistance (strength) training and cardiovascular exercise (walking, jogging, swimming and cycling). By doing so, you can improve both the quantity and quality of your muscles, joints and overall health. That being said, yoga is an effective way to complement your exercise routine for greater flexibility. Unlike most other physical exercise that work only on a physical level, yoga involves both your mental and physical capabilities. There is a balance of energy between the body and the brain as well as increasing your flexibility, toning your muscles, and improving your lung capacity. All basic yoga poses work towards increasing the flexibility of the body so that it is capable of performing more complicated poses as time goes by. It would be wise therefore to incorporate yoga as a regular part of your workout program.
There are several ways to improve your flexibility. Stretching and exercise help considerably but you also need to keep an eye on your diet and nutrition. Eating junk food and snacking on fatty and sugary snacks can make matters worse. You can promote fitness by combining a balanced diet (full of fresh fruits and vegetables) along with nutritional supplements that support joint health and improve your mobility.
Dear Dynamic Members,
Dynamic Fitness continues to witness unprecedented change. Many of us have not seen, nor experienced, this level of health and economic impact brought on by this pandemic.
What this means for you during this temporary change:
I have no doubt that we will bounce back in a positive fashion. Dynamic will be here, with new product innovations and exceptional customer support, when we open our doors to the rush of our members looking to regain control over their health. We will be there to fulfill our mission: to provide you the ULTIMATE member experience.
Together, we will overcome. We are stronger together.
Queremos comenzar dando las gracias por los mensajes y el apoyo que hemos recibido en estos
últimos días y semanas. Me pesa mucho informarle que no volveremos a abrir nuestras puertas el 4 de Abril como se había previsto originalmente. Nuestra prioridad es la seguridad de nuestros miembros, el personal y la comunidad en general. Si bien seguimos monitoreando la situación de cerca, ya que debemos mantener el “distanciamiento social” hasta el 30 de Abril. Tenemos la esperanza de que, como comunidad, todos podamos trabajar juntos y superar esto de la manera más rápida y segura posible. Queremos que sepa que cada decisión que tomamos es asegurarnos de mantener nuestras instalaciones, para que estén desinfectadas, limpias, seguras y listas para abrir.
Nos gustaría recordarle que somos un negocio de propiedad local en Houston, y esta crisis nos está
afectando tanto como muchas otras pequeñas empresas. Entendemos que muchos de ustedes posiblemente también estén luchando, así que estamos felices de trabajar con ustedes, ¡ya que
todos estamos juntos en esto!
Ahora más que nunca, estamos pidiendo el apoyo de nuestros increíbles Miembros Dynamic
para que se queden con nosotros y nos ayuden a vencer la tormenta para que podamos continuar
operando y abrir lo antes posible. Así como hemos encontrado formas de llegar a nuestras
comunidades en otras circunstancias, estamos buscando formas de servir y fortalecer a nuestra
gran familia Dynamic Fitness.
Aquí está la opción que queremos presentar para recompensarlo por su apoyo y lealtad:
Si no congela su cuenta y continúa su pago hasta Abril, ¡Recibirá 120 días de acceso de nivel “Dynamic Fit” cuando volvamos a abrir!
- Acceso Completo De El Club
- Bronceado Ilimitado
- Les Mills Branded Classes
- Todos los Dias Privilegios De Invitado VIP
- Acceso A La Guarderia
- Masajes Hydro Ilimitados
- Escaneos Inbody Mensuales
- Ilimitado D-Fit Team Entrenamiento!
Entendemos completamente si no desea pagar mientras estamos cerrados, pero le agradecemos
que se quede con nosotros y estamos dispuestos a trabajar con usted. Póngase en contacto con [email protected] para que podamosatender mejor su cuenta.
Mientras esté cerrado temporalmente, queremos continuar proporcionándole el mejor servicio y
valor posible. Todos los miembros que continúan su membresía activa durante este momento
desafiante, le ofrecemos:
1. Les Mills On-Demand Home Entrenamientos virtuales. Ahora estamos ofreciendo más de
95 entrenamientos virtuales que puedes hacer en casa. Desde Yoga, Kickboxing, Ciclo, Body Pump e incluso entrenamientos familiares, lo tenemos todo. ¡Simplemente descargue la aplicación Dynamic Fitness y haga clic en el mosaico “Entrenamientos en casa de Les Mills”!
2. Myzone Brindándole toda la tecnología para mantenerlo motivado y activo. ¡Existan las
características de “Zone Match” que pueden darle un régimen de cardio programado, ayudándole a lograr un entrenamiento efectivo ya que todo se trata de ESFUERZO! Este también es un instrumento para que nuestros miembros se mantengan competitivos y para que nuestros equipos deacondicionamiento físico supervisen la actividad de nuestros clientes.
3. Consejos de Entrenamiento. Los miembros del equipo están más que entusiasmados para proporcionar a nuestros miembros la mayor cantidad de contenido y educación.
Independientemente del escenario, se lleva 21 días para crear un hábito bueno o malo. Nuestro objetivo es garantizar que se mantenga lo más enfocado posible en su salud dentro de este tiempo.
4. Clases de Group Fit virtuales. Estaremos programando cada clase y rutina de ejercicio por semana. Puede seguir con nosotros en las redes sociales para mantenerse involucrado y conectado!
5. Blogs de Dynamic. Otra forma de educación, desde estimular el sistema inmunológico, impactos positivos al crear un estilo de vida saludable, hasta recetas saludables. ¡Nuestro objetivo es crear contenido saludable para proporcionar un impacto positivo! ¡El conocimiento es poder!
Incentivos de recomendación: En este momento, si conoce a alguien que quiera aprovechar nuestros “beneficios para miembros activos”; estamos ofreciendo “No pages hasta el 31 de
mayo!” y recibirá una tarjeta de regalo de Amazon de $ 10 por cada persona que recomiende que se
Creo que el carácter de una persona no se juzga después de celebrar una victoria, sino de lo que
hacen cuando están de espaldas a la pared. ¡Estoy 100% comprometido con nuestros leales miembros y empleados dinámicos para ayudarnos a VICTORIOSAMENTE durante estos tiempos difíciles!
¡Manténgase sano mental y físicamente, pase tiempo con la familia y manténgase a salvo!
Saldremos de esta tormenta en Houston como siempre lo hemos hecho antes … ¡Mejor! ¡Más
fuerte! ¡Unido! #Houstonstrong!
We want to start off by saying thank you for the outpouring messages and support that we’ve received in these last few days and weeks. It weighs on me heavily to inform you that we will not re-open our doors on April 4th as originally anticipated. Our priority is the safety of our members, staff and the larger community. While we continue to monitor the situation closely as we are to remain “social distancing” through April 30th. We are hopeful that as a community we can all work together and get through this as quickly and safely as possible. We want you to know that every decision we are making is to ensure we maintain our facilities, so they are disinfected, clean, safe, and ready to open!
We would like to remind you that we are a locally owned Houston-based business, and this crisis is hitting us just as hard as many other small businesses. We understand that many of you may possibly be struggling as well so we are happy to work with you as we’re all in this together!
Now more than ever, we are calling on the support of our incredible DYNAMIC Members to stick with us and help us weather the storm so we can continue to operate and re-open as soon as possible. Just as we’ve found ways to reach our communities during other circumstances, we are looking for ways to serve and strengthen our greater Dynamic Fitness Family.
Here is the option we want to present on rewarding you for your support and loyalty:
If you do not freeze and continue your billing through April, you will receive 120 days of Dynamic Fit Level Access when we reopen!
- ALL Club Access
- Unlimited Tanning
- Les Mills Branded Classes
- Everyday VIP Guest Privileges
- Kid Zone Access
- Unlimited Hydro-Massage
- Monthly Inbody Scans
- Unlimited D-Fit Team Training!
We completely understand if you do not wish to pay while we are closed, but we appreciate you sticking with us and we are willing to work with you! ALL Personal Training Billing has been frozen starting April 1 until we reopen. Please contact [email protected] so we can better service your account.
While we are temporarily closed, we want to continue to provide you with the best service and value possible. All members that continue their active membership during this challenging time, we are offering you:
- Les Mills On-Demand Home Virtual Workouts. We are now offering over 95+ virtual workouts that you can do at home. From Yoga, Kickboxing, Cycle, Body Pump, and even family workouts we have it all. Just download the Dynamic Fitness App and click the tile “Les Mills At-Home Workouts”!
- Myzone. Providing you with every bit of technology on our end to keep you motivated and active. There are the features of “Zone Match” that can challenge you on a scripted cardio regime, helping you accomplish an effective workout as it’s all about EFFORT! This is also an instrument for our members to stay competitive and for our fitness teams to monitor our client’s activity.
- Workout Tips. Team members are more than stoked to provide our members with as much content and education. Regardless of the scenario, it takes 21 days to create a good or bad habit. Our goal is to ensure you stay as focused as possible on your health within this timeframe.
- Virtual Group Fit Classes. We will be scheduling each week’s group fit workouts that you can follow with us on social media to stay engaged and connected!
- Dynamic Blogs. Another form of education from boosting immune systems, positive impacts from creating a healthy lifestyle, to healthy recipes. Our goal is to create healthy content to provide a positive impact! Knowledge is power! https://thedynamicfitness.com/blog/
Referral Incentives: Right now, if you know anyone who wants to take advantage of our “active member benefits” we are running “Don’t Pay Till May 31st!” which you will receive $10 Amazon Gift Card for each person you refer that joins! https://thedynamicfitness.com/join-now/
I believe a person’s character is not judged after they celebrate a victory, but what they do when their back is against the wall. I stand 100% committed to our loyal Dynamic members and employees to see us through VICTORIOUSLY during these trying times!
Stay healthy mentally and physically, spend time with family, and stay safe! We will come out of this storm Houston as we’ve always had before… Better! Stronger! United! #Houstonstrong!
Hello Dynamic Members,
First, I want to thank you for your overwhelming support during these challenging times. These last 10 years of Dynamic Fitness, we have had our fair share of failures, disappointments, setbacks, hurricanes, etc. however we have always found ways to persevere through these moments by staying positive, creative, and keeping a strong line of communication. Dealing with this new turn of events is something I have never experienced in my life. This has brought more and more complications each day as the variables keep changing, which causes us to regroup with each new scenario.
I personally want to take this time to tell you exactly what we are doing behind the scenes, for this staff, and for our members. We are striving to, within our control and power, make this as good an experience as possible. Will we make mistakes? Yes! Will we have all the answers? No! Will this be controlled chaos? Absolutely! When I spoke to the team there is nothing that can prepare you for this kind of sudden change. However, just like any setback or failure, all we can do is stay calm, positive, creative, and focused. We know we can make an impact on both our members and our teams.
Our perspective drives our performance and in situations like this, Our attitude is the key! We will do what we can with what we have to ensure we endure this storm!
Here are the topics of transparency I want to open up with during this temporary shutdown.
1. Protecting our staff! Unfortunately, with this downturn, and now the shutdown, we could not save everyone. This is one of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make as a small business owner. I’m in the clubs throughout the week…I get the privilege of knowing who my teams personally. I very much appreciate every employee on this we have. Just like any team sport, it takes everyone to win the game. We are holding onto most of our full-time employees during this time. So “flattening the curve” doesn’t flatten them in the process. Quite simply, without my team, it’s hard to win the game. We will have them working modified hours during these next two weeks. We are looking for ways to serve you within this time frame because we are all in this together!
2. Les Mills On-Demand Home Virtual Workouts. The team has really done a great job of getting this created and turned around for our members. We are now offering over 95+ virtual workouts that you can do at home. From Yoga, Kickboxing, Cycle, Body Pump, and even family workouts we have it all. Just download the Dynamic Fitness App and click the tile “Les Mills At-Home Workouts” and get going!
3. Myzone. Providing you with every bit of technology on our end to keep you motivated and active. Throughout these next two weeks, using your Myzone will allow you to gauge your daily activity and collect MEPs (Myzone Effort Points). There are the features of “Zone Match” that can challenge you on a scripted cardio regime, helping you accomplish an effective workout as it’s all about EFFORT! This is also an instrument for our members to stay competitive and for our fitness teams to monitor our client’s activity during these next two weeks.
3. 1 on 1 30 Minute Coaching Sessions. Our Fitness Managers are dedicating time throughout the week for you to book 30-minute virtual appointments on reviewing over any questions you may have regarding program designs, nutrition, etc. Please RSVP ahead of time so that we can be prepared for your session.
4. Workout Tips. Our Managers are more than stoked to provide our members with as much content and education during these next two weeks. Regardless of the scenario, we’ve been thrown it takes 21 days to create a good or bad habit. Our goal is to ensure you stay as focused as possible on your health within this timeframe. We want to help with your workout regimes, so you don’t miss a beat.
5. Blogs. Another form of education from boosting immune systems, positive impacts from creating a healthy lifestyle, to healthy recipes. Our goal is to create healthy content to provide a positive impact! Knowledge is power!
6. POSITIVITY! We understand there is enough negative content out there. All sources of media are raising anxiety levels for everyone. Our commitment is to continuously pump POSITIVE content throughout the week to help uplift you. Remember we are all in this together!! I think what makes a strong team is a strong community…one that raises each other up!! We are all we got!
7. Keeping it CLEAN! Yes, these next two weeks we will all be at the facilities (including me) taking the opportunity to ensure that when the clubs reopen that they are prepped, clean, and ready to go!
Thank you for taking the time today to read this. I’m taking this scenario head-on and as best as I possibly can. I created Dynamic Fitness from passion, tenacity, and being relentless. No matter what obstacle presented itself and in a market that 95%+ are owned by industry juggernauts, it says something about our tenacity to succeed. I ask now more than ever, for you to continued support during this time. We are going to do everything within our power to ensure we positively impact you during this time and that we come out together at the end of this. Stronger, Better, and MORE Dynamic than ever!
Look, Feel, Be….. Dynamic!